Sunday 27 January 2013

water: friend or enemy...

what's upppp London's afro's:

i've come to discuss the controversial issue of water!
for a lot of natural hair people water can often be seen as the enemy, especially if your hair is like mine
there is only one style that works on my hair (and i'm being completely serious), it has to be afro...

things that do not work on my hair:
1] hot comb
2] straighteners
3] texturisers
4] relaxers (though i never have and never will try it because i like big hair)
5] basically anything that makes your hair straight

things that do work on my hair:
1] a blowdryer

this....   ladies and gents, is my friend lol


let me get to the point of this post now:
water can be a bit of a hassle for natural hair people! going out on a rainy day, on a hot day, when there is somehow water in the air, having a shower/bath, cooking, partying - if you let it water can be an enemy to your hair.

but...

you can embrace the fact that your hair is never in one particular way

 for the ladies (my hair goes like this if i wet it fully once with water)

 for the gents (and the ladies :P)

twist-out corrine
this is a beautiful example of a twist-out that has worked, and it's worn with confidence! show us your twist outs girlies!
what's a twist out i hear you ask... my dear friend its a combination of water and twists, yep you heard me WATER! see it can be your friend.

 go natural and tie it up, let your puff show off your beauty.

 alternatively you could go for weave! curl it and twist-out the front of your hair so it matches no-one will be able to tell the difference (unless a bad hairdresser has done it, or you tell them).

so there you have it my lovelies, water is a friend to your afro (at the right times). if your hair is like mine i.e. has 0% resistance to water join me in the journey of learning how to embrace it!


Love ya xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...