Sunday 5 May 2013

Hair update: May 2013 &&Many Pics!

I wasn't sure which blog to post this on so I decided to put it on both.

Hello all my Afros and Weirdo’s :D
This is just a little update, I'm back to trying my braid outs again, though I feel ever since I cut (or was it an extended trim) my hair it looks a bit different and I have to approach my hair styling differently too.

I started off like this:




I Washed with Curls Unleashed Sulfate-free Shampoo (a sample which I got at a natural hair event) and my fav conditioner that I recommend everyone for its great slip, TRESemmé Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner.


Additional useful utensils...I'm not even sure I used these...but I should have, they are soo helpful!
 

I Wrapped my hair in this super trendy turban style with my t shirt to soak up the excess water then tied it back it in low bun to stretch it a little and get it out of the way





Now you're always going to see me with these products because frankly i haven't found anything better yet (need to search a little deeper) but I plan to hop on the product bandwagon and try the new stuff out there.

I'm following the L.O.C Method of Leave in, Oil and Cream(or butter) .The leave in conditioner I used was V05 give me moisture which actually isn't a leave in but a regular conditioner though you know I just break all the rules and leave this stuff in, I think it is the fundamental ingredients for definition! Then I sealed that in with Olive oil (My coconut oil was nowhere in sight) and on top I added my Shea butter mix.


So then I go from this:



...to this !
With a few (several) braids

And then to my night scarf and sleep yay! I was extra extra tired, this was about 3am


So I took all my braids out and was jut like Meh, your defined and all but this up to my ears look is just not for me. I'm not about that life!  Tied it back in a ponytail and went about my day. I thought I was so cute with my little "bangs".


 

And to my surprise a couple hours later, it had stretched out a bit :D


And Yes! That's it, my hair has basically stayed the same way this whole time (it has been 4 days), at night i tie it back and put on my scarf again. You may have noticed that I haven't "fluffed" or separated my "curls" because I kinda like it this way, aaaaaaaaand I always seem to mess it up when I separate them.
Thanks for reading and sorry for all the photos (unless you like them) 
I've bought some flexi rods too so look out for that style!

Xx


Me mid-writing this post
Normal faces are for losers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...