Wednesday 21 May 2014

Big Chop?

Okay so I know the title of this blog is called London's afro however; I am currently Afro-less!


It doesn't feel completely correct to call this a big chop since my hair was always natural but what the hey. I have made no complaints since the day I cut my hair, 4 months ago. I love it! Life is easy breezy beautiful (cover girl). From the above photos you can see in a short time I've encountered a few stages.

When I first my hair I had no idea what I was doing, I wasn't going for any particular style, I just wanted my hair GONE! When I came home I found it amusing that I still had the parting in my hair from when it was longer.
 The next time now (or maybe the third) I decided to get a bit of style! Look at that line, so clean! I need to go back to my Jamaican barber. That cut was before I went on holiday and then I let my hair grow out for two months. I have to say that looking back on this photo, it was a nice hairstyle, I remember getting a lot of compliments.
But then the cutting itch came back and I had another cut which I wasn't so much in love with (got to start explaining myself more to the men with the shears!)

Currently, I am not at any of these stages, I still need to experiment with colour and I'm debating about growing it back to the curly stage. The great thing about short hair is that you actually see it grow which is something I've never experienced but find fascinating. I'll be back to let you know what else I do.

 Peace x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...